Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 02-12-2017, 06:57   #2705
Billy
Corporal

Цитата:
Сообщение от pepe Посмотреть сообщение
@Billy
1) Ranges for all subroc's are in NM. I did test and my 2 Sealances (one to 5 NM and one to 35 NM) land on correct range.
You should check dangerouswaters.ini file in txt editor for .WeapMalfunction settings because probably your missile had malfunction.

2) Sealance is only fictional weapon - it not exist in US Navy

3) Oscar II is designed for missile attack (strong surface group like CVN's) from long range and Victor is typical Hunter/killer submarine. My proposition is to increase AAW defence by adding 1-2 Burke/Tico/Spruance warships to surface group.
Hi, thanks for the reply.
1. confirmed. It is the weapon malfunction. I had some really back luck. My first launch, both of my missiles failed (100% failure rate). So the RTE is working correctly
2. I fully understand your point of accuracy. But as of now, the best ASW platform in the game is Akula III. It may be a bit more noisy but it has a comprehensive array of ASW weapons to deal with both long and short range targets. In addition, the firepower it can unleash from its 14 ready tubes is massive. At short range, US subs are great, but it takes a long time to maneuver into torpedo range and you need wait still longer for the torps to reach targets. In a shootout when both subs discover each other around the same time, Akula is most likely to be the winner. So there is a bit of game balancing issue here.
3. I don't think more AAW platforms would work either, although the suggestion is not a bad one. As of now, AAW missiles are not great in anti missile role in this mod. The missiles from Oscar are not sea skimmers, but most of the SM-2s still fail to hit.

I just tried a trick with "Invade Russia" mission. It seems to work. At the beginning of the mission, you will receive a radio message about the range of possible sub contacts. I stayed near surface. As soon as I heard the message about missile launches and the bearing, I immediately snap shot 1 sea lance on the bearing using the distance in the radio message. The missile scared off the oscar and forced them to retreat a bit. In addition, the first line of akulas retaliate with their subroc. Akula's missiles would scare the carrier task force to slow down. That buys me a lot of time to travel further ahead of the group and engage the first line. But this trick is a bit cheating cuz you know you will receive a radio message at the beginning. So still the mission needs some changes before it can become a good mission. Also, may I suggest that the subs are selectable for this mission? I think it would be easier with Seawolf than with VA.
Billy вне форума   Ответить с цитированием