Red Rodgers  

Вернуться   Red Rodgers > Запасная полоса > S.C.S. Dangerous Waters

Ответ

Опции темы Опции просмотра
Старый 04-06-2010, 16:57   #1
goldorak
Sergeant

Talking

@dd149 : there is no one true mod. Each mod has its plus and minuses.
Thats the beauty of having choice. I for one don't want RA to be just a lwami database with pretty graphics on it. The database the modders have chosen, and its values for the different units is what makes this particular mod compelling.
Some people like lwami, some like AT3 (that uses a variant of lwami), others like Mille-sabords mod which further changes lwami and finally some prefer RA mod.
Doing a levelling of the different databases is not a good thing in my opinion.
Just because a mod chooses a certain value, or does a thing in a certain way and another mod chooses different values and do things in some slightly different way doesn't mean that one of them is right and the other is wrong.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04-06-2010, 17:15   #2
dd149
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от goldorak Посмотреть сообщение
@dd149 : there is no one true mod. Each mod has its plus and minuses.
Thats the beauty of having choice. I for one don't want RA to be just a lwami database with pretty graphics on it. The database the modders have chosen, and its values for the different units is what makes this particular mod compelling.
Some people like lwami, some like AT3 (that uses a variant of lwami), others like Mille-sabords mod which further changes lwami and finally some prefer RA mod.
Doing a levelling of the different databases is not a good thing in my opinion.
Just because a mod chooses a certain value, or does a thing in a certain way and another mod chooses different values and do things in some slightly different way doesn't mean that one of them is right and the other is wrong.
Agree to a certain extent? what we like in RA is that some original game bugs are fixed, which is not the case with the other mods, thats why we feel that it is a good idea to establish it as a core of game. (no other mod provides this advantage). Provided that it is simple to switch databases pending on each ones preferences.
dd149 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04-06-2010, 18:02   #3
goldorak
Sergeant

Цитата:
Сообщение от dd149 Посмотреть сообщение
Provided that it is simple to switch databases pending on each ones preferences.

Exactly I agree. The modders give us a baseline.
Then anyone can change the doctrines, the database (if it is open) etc... to better suit their needs and that of their playing community.
What I don't want is for the modders to publish RA mod with the lwami database or another database. They have their own visions.
And to be perfectly honest, only the people (officers and enlisted men) that serve aboard real subs/warships have any idea of what the correct values for top speed, maximum depth, maximum weapon range etc... are. And they cannot tell us. So every mod under the sun has to use public sources. And public sources give estimates. Estimates vary, Janes can publish some values, and russian sources for the same units can publish a different set of values. Which is correct ? Its a question that doesn't even make sense because unless you happen to know the real values, all else is just guessing more or less. Its nothing to lose your sleep over. And little variances account for slightly different playing schemes in the different mods.
goldorak вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 04-06-2010, 20:10   #4
PJB
Senior Aircraftsman

Seawolves Navy says great job and thank you
PJB вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05-06-2010, 02:52   #5
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Crazy Ivan the Kilo Iran Fix didn't work for me I still get CTD when picking Iranian Kilo in quickmission and selecting loadout or start playing. Am I doing something wrong?

And the fix provided chnaged the interfaces of Alfa too not the Kilo or Iranian Kilo.
Castout вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05-06-2010, 04:34   #6
MR.Wood
Senior Aircraftsman

You guys did a kick ass job thank you
MR.Wood вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05-06-2010, 07:00   #7
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

Цитата:
Сообщение от Castout Посмотреть сообщение
Crazy Ivan the Kilo Iran Fix didn't work for me I still get CTD when picking Iranian Kilo in quickmission and selecting loadout or start playing. Am I doing something wrong?

And the fix provided chnaged the interfaces of Alfa too not the Kilo or Iranian Kilo.

Try remove a old file 173_588_New Player.lod from a root of game.

Interface ALFA - It is correct replacement for Iranian Kilo.
CrazyIvan вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05-06-2010, 07:42   #8
Castout
Senior Aircraftsman

Sweet that did the trick. I'm still going to download the whole rar. archive.

This DWX is truly a gem now I've got to sink something
Castout вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 05-06-2010, 15:46   #9
cayman
Corporal

to RA team:
actual weapon loadout= (default loadout -1)
this bug(my opinion) still exist in many later-add platform, if you need, I could fix it one by one
cayman вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Ответ