Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 17-04-2017, 21:32   #2427
CrazyIvan
Bugcatcher

>I'm confused. I keep a "vanilla" version of the latest RA release (I have 1.41 + path #1 and #2) and in my Ohio >campaign, everything is complete chaos.
>As for the first mission in general, nothing that happens, makes any sense and is completely confusing, as if >someone took a mission and garbled it through a mixer, then releasing the result.
>You start, and the first order is to reach a point ~2nm east - where an ELF arrives and hilarity ensues when >things like "Reinforce Alert!" are said on a US Ohio sub, or suddenly I receive "all conditions normal on the dive". >Huh?
>I started submerged already, so what is this?
Since there is no normal message of the audio message that all the compartments are ready for action, I set up such an audio message.

>Further, it is said to stay at 5knots. Ok but why? No reason is named.
You can follow these recommendations, but you can neglect them. Because there can be enemy boats nearby, and you can be discovered - this will affect the course of the next mission.

>On top, Ohios are quiet enough at much higher speeds, so this whole 'suggestion' is rather odd, just as the first >one to reach a point just a tad to the east, only to receive a message that could have been received right away.
>It's like "let's keep the player artifically busy... who cares how/why".
You can work at least 24 knots. But - in the next scenario, the amount of hostile forces will strongly depend on your stealth in the first mission.You just need to know the tactical situation - who is your opponent and what forces are present in the region.

>The received radio message gives you a missile ground, referencing to it as "Point Alpha" - which doesn't exist on >the map - so why reference to it?
>It's confusing.
>On top, "Point Alpha" is, AFAIK, either always the initial dive point of a US submarine after departing port, OR, >the first WP altogether, I am not certain myself - but I am positive that no "Point Alpha" can come up in the >middle of a deterrence patrol thousands of miles from home.
I'll replace this message with a default – Destination Goal Complete, continue with your mission..

>Anyways, off to "Point Alpha" at 72-43N 035-33E, evading that one single other asset in the whole mission, a >Victor II. There's not a single whale, no civilian traffic, not even shrimp. The whole mission is blank, besides that >Victor II and me.
There are no shrimps in the Barents Sea and whales too. And this is not a shipping area.

>To add to the already established confusion, long before I actually arrive at "Point Alpha", my navigator tells me >we arrived at said point, completing the mission. Huh?!
>Sure, it was said the area is 10nm - but either something is a point, a precise navigation mark, or an area (of >whatever purpose).
>Yes, yes - nitpicking, but honestly, it's the details that make something dull as DW rich.

Victor-2 does not participate in the scenario.
In the scenario, arbitrarily, several enemy boats can be generated. It can be a delta or a typhoon, accompanied by Victor-3, a Akula-1, a Akula-3, or a Sierra-2. Which also move into their bastion.

You arrive at a given point (Alpha), and there you receive a further task. You will be ordered to move to the northeast, or to the southeast - where your bastion will be.

>On to mission 2.
>First time I started it, it crashed to desktop right after loading.
> (Also reported by another player on Subsim.com, btw)

This is a grid error. The sonalysts made some mistakes.
Some scenario can not work in certain coordinates.
This has been fixed.
>Second try, I received ambiguous orders/instructions about a SATCOM: "The Navy Sattelite SATCOM Can Be Pass >Through Your Area During 5 Minutes."
>Sorry, what?

Because, under the conditions of war, no one will warn you in advance. Everything happens very quickly. And the situation can change every minute. You must be ready for quick action. Just as there is a standard time for launching missiles.
If you receive an order to launch missiles - you have a strictly limited time to execute the order.

>Will it pass over me IN 5 minutes, so I gotta establish comms readiness in that time to catch a message? I'm at
>180ft under the ice, expected to use the EW mast to catch the message, which seems impossible to do.
If you know that there is a session to receive data from the satellite, what keeps you at a depth of 180 feet? Perhaps you should be closer to the surface.
I’m increase this time.
>Then, suddenly my XO reports: "Initiating Targeting Procedures For SLBM Missiles.."
>Wait, what? I didn't receive anything, nor did I do anything, what is going on?

After you receive data from the satellite, you are instructed to change the flight plan of the missiles.
After the beginning of the scenario, you are given 12 targets - which are marked with blue circles.
After you conduct a communication session, 4 missile silos (a mark in red circles) will be added to the nav.map, while any random 4 secondary targets will be deleted (indicated by blue circles).

The second communication session will update your target list again. Your priority targets will be 8 missile silos (primary targets) and what are 4 arbitrary secondary goals. Total 12 targets.
If I limit the launch from the nav.map and make it mandatory to point missiles on the fire control display - you will very much feel that this is very critical - because where there was a target before, it will not be there any more. And your missile will get to nowhere, in an empty point.
When launching missiles from nav.map, this is not so significant.

>I check the map and lots of targets on the Kola (not Cola btw) Peninsula showed up... uhm, ok!?
>Am I supposed to attack them all, just one, ju... oh nevermind, "====Mission complete====" - after >doing... nothing.
> [insert jackie chan meme here]

Your weapons will allow you to kill all these targets.
I did not set out the task of creating a "global coverage scenario".
For such purposes, there are Fleet Commands and Нarрооn.
In this campaign - you act as an independent person.
This is not a battle of the fleets.
>So, with all due respect, please tell me, does this reflect the quality standards the RA team have? Or anyone >should have?
>Besides the nonsensical/confusing game play that, apparently, doesn't work either - why do you guys not spell >check anything?
>The whole mod is ridden with spelling errors, which not only cause issues for immersion, but also create a lot of >confusion.

>Initially, I wanted to list the typos/spelling errors, but honestly, there's not a single sentence that reflects correct >English, which baffles me.
>No problem if one doesn't speak a certain language - but if I release a piece of work in a foreign language, I get >someone to fix the errors if I can't do so myself - before release.

Sorry - but translators work like this - in Google and other resources.
It is possible that this text will be completely incomprehensible to you)))

>Misc notes:
>- US SSBNs receive orders from the US Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM)
>- US SSBNs conduct "deterrance patrols", not "battle patrols".
>- US SSBNs operate "autonomous", no one knows their exact position under normal circumstances - not even >USSTRATCOM.
Despite this, the sub periodically gets in communication.
If the patrol, lasts 3 months, and there was an accident - the headquarters will find out about this in 3 months? When will the sub not return from the patrol?

>- US SSBNs do not have to reach a certain area inside their patrol area, the whole patrol area serves as a missile >ground to guarantee fast reaction times.

This primarily affects the flight time of missiles. Therefore, Soviet ballistic subs carried patrols near the east and west coast, and not in the Barents Sea. )))

According to your statement, the scenario should be like this - the player should sit quietly all 6 hours, somewhere deep, and then launch the missiles. It will be too boring ...